Baking bread is actually really easy. Here is a simple bread recipe that has been used in all our baking classes. Once you have made this once, you can try all other combinations to make some unique loaves of bread.
A very easy basic bread recipe
- 300g white bread flour
- ¾ teaspoon instant yeast
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 200g/200ml tepid water
- Small loaf pan, greased
- Step one:Put all the ingredients in a big bowl and mix them together
- Step two:Knead well for 10 minutes
- Step three:Pop the dough back in the bowl and cover. Allow to rest for 1-2 hours until doubled in size
- Step four: Pull the dough out gently onto an unfloured surface. Shape into a tight sausage. Pop sausage into loaf pan.
- Step five: Cover the dough and allow to rest for about an hour until doubled in size. Preheat oven to 200c, 180c FAN, Gas 6
- Step six: Bake the loaf for about 35-40 minutes. Remove from pan and tap the bottom of the loaf. If it sounds hollow, it is done.
- Step seven: When it is done, remove the bread from the pan and place it on a wire rack to cool.